- A bachelor's degree in any discipline OR equivalent skills/experience.
- You may NOT enrol in a major that you have already studied at undergraduate level.
- International students will be individually assessed to ensure they meet the entry requirements. Click here for equivalent academic entry requirements by country.
- If English is not your first language, you must also demonstrate English language skills equivalent to an IELTS overall band score (academic) of 6.0, with no less than 6.0 for writing.
- Successful completion of our New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Level 4) programme is an acceptable equivalent.
You must supply certified copies of proof of identify, academic records and proof of residency (where appropriate).
Eligible applicants will be accepted as received.
You will be required to purchase some textbooks during this programme and also cover any costs associated with fieldtrips.
You will study
Discuss a personalised, coherent path of study with the Programme Leader. You may specialise in a specific major or study a generic Applied Management pathway. To specialise, you must have studied Research Methodology (or have an understanding of this). If you have not done so, you must undertake the generic programme and include the Research Methodology course in your study.
You will study:
- Applied Management (Level 6)
- Research Methodology (Level 6)
- Paper of choice (Level 6)
- Papers of choice x2 (Level 7)
- Industry Project (Level 7)
If you have already studied Research Methodology, you will substitute this for another paper at Level 6. If you wish to study a Graduate Diploma with a major, you will study the three papers at Level 6 and the two papers at Level 7 for the major and the Industry Project.
Your programme of study will generally include lectures and seminars/ tutorials. You will be expected to contribute at least 20 hours per week of your own time in self-directed study to allow for successful completion of the qualification.
Further study options
Progress into higher levels of learning and enhance your employment potential with postgraduate study in Management.
Student loans and allowances are for domestic students only. For information about student loans and allowances please visit the Studylink website. It is important to apply for your student loan/allowance at the same time as you apply for this programme, due to the length of time Studylink take to process applications. Loan/allowance applications can be cancelled at any time if you decide to withdraw your programme application or if it is unsuccessful.
Recognition of prior learning
If you have extensive knowledge and skills due to practical experience in business, enquire about our recognition of prior learning process at Capable NZ. You may have already gained credits towards this qualification.
While every effort is made to ensure that this sheet is accurate, Otago Polytechnic reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw any of the contained information. The fees shown in this document are indicative ONLY. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change and are dependent on the development and implementation of Government policies. Please note that additional fees may from time to time be required for external examination, NZQA fees and/or additional material fees.