To set out the general functions and responsibilities, membership, and operating procedures of the Library Committee.
NZQA course approval and accreditation - www.nzqa.govt.nz/providers-partners/registration-and- accreditation/courseapproval-and-accreditation.
1. The Library Committee ensures that library services are provided that will meet academic teaching and learning needs and the requirement of any course and programme accreditation that there are adequate library resources to support each programme.
2. The Library Committee will ensure clear communication between Otago Polytechnic Limited (Ltd) academic departments and the Robertson Library.
3. Membership of the Library Committee will comprise:
- Deputy Chief Executive: Learner Experience or nominee
- One representative from each School
- The Robertson Librarian
- The Robertson Subject Librarian(s)
- Kaitohutohu representative
- Director: Learning and Teaching Development or nominee
- representation from the Otago Polytechnic Limited Students Association.
3.1. The Library Committee may co-opt members from time to time. A co-opted member has the same rights as full members.
4. The Chair will be the Deputy Chief Executive: Learner Experience or nominee.
5. The Library Committee has the following responsibilities:
a. Recommend that adequate funding is put forward during the budget setting process to ensure the continuing excellence of the library collections.
b. Inform the budget setting process of capital development required for new programmes.
c. Ensure that there is regular consultation between the library and Schools/Colleges/programmes about the collection and services (including information literacy and research skills as outlined in the Robertson Library Research Skills Support Strategy).
d. Ensure that there is communication between Schools/Colleges and the library about any new developments
e. Monitor, review and recommend on periodical acquisition as well as electronically accessible materials
f. Consult/determine spending priorities within budget.
g. Oversee and support Research Readiness Self-Assessment (RRSA) and Otago Polytechnic Ltd Institutional Research Repository (OPRES)
h. Consider Service Level Agreement matters and advise the joint Robertson Library and Otago Polytechnic Ltd Library Committee (Joint Library Committee).
6. The Committee reports to the Deputy Chief Executive: Learner Experience, who is also a representative on the Joint Library Committee.
7. Meeting minutes will be available on the intranet.
8. Meetings are normally held bimonthly or more frequently if required.