Results Process for Consultancy SOP
Academic Policy – Results Process for Consultancy
In conjunction with policy Results Process for Consultancy the following procedures should be followed.
1. The Head of College is responsible for workplace assessment under consultancy arrangement(s).
2. The College, in consultation with the Quality Enhancement Centre, identifies that consultancy / workplace assessment meets the conditions in policy Results Process for Consultancy, and to confirm that:
2.1. Otago Polytechnic Limited holds accreditation for the required units,
2.2. Ensure internal and external moderation requirements are met, and
2.3. To obtain written confirmation on Process Approval Form (copy attached).
3. The College completes data to meet information services requirements.
3.1. This will include the use of a special course code to avoid any reporting to Ministry e.g. JB100001 - Joe Bloggs workplace assessment/consultancy; and creating subjects - one subject per Framework Unit – e.g. JB501984 - Joe Bloggs workplace assessment/consultancy, Level 5-unit, Unit 1984. Written confirmation from Information Services must be on the Process Approval Form (see copy attached).
3.2. School provides Quality Enhancement Unit with completed Process Approval Form which is then processed through the Academic Board approval processes.
3.3. Following final approval from Academic Board, the school to advise Information Services of the approved details then Information Services staff set up required course and subjects on SMS.
3.4. Following assessments, workplace assessor or delegated administration staff completes required details on the Learner Entries for Consultancy Class – NQF Results form (see copy attached). The College administration staff checks with NZQA to ensure that NZQA ID Numbers are correct. Results are recorded on SMS in compliance with required procedures.
4. Results are extracted once credit fees are paid and sent to NZQA in compliance with required procedures.
Process for Enrolling Learners
5. The Consultant in the College will check if the learner has a National Learner Number and whether their NZQA Hook-on fee has been paid.
6. Registry will receive from the School/College/Department Administrator the list of learners to be enrolled on the ‘Learner Entries for Consultancy Class – NQF Results’ form.
7. Learners will be registered in the SMS with the minimum data necessary to complete a Registration Event and create a Learner ID number from the information provided on the above form.
8. Learners will be enrolled into the applicable course occurrence provided by the Department on the above form.
9. Enrolments will be invoiced to the specific organisation in the SMS using the New Corporate Bulk Enrolment function, charging Unit Fees only.
10. Notes will be added to each learner’s record on the SMS ‘Consultancy results only enrolment. Refer policy Results Process for Consultancy.
11. When enrolments are complete, the invoice and a photocopy of the list will be sent by Customer Services back to the College Administrator. The original list will be signed off by the enroller and filed in the miscellaneous file.
12. The College Administrator will generate a journal ready for the Consultant’s signature. Once signed, the Journal is sent to the Finance for processing.
13. The College can then enter results in the SMS to enable the Quality Enhancement Unit to extract to NZQA.