Student Council Staff Awards
To outline the purpose, criteria, nomination, and selection of Student Council Staff Awards.
1. Awards are open to all staff members employed at Otago Polytechnic Limited (Ltd). The awards are:
- Excellent Teacher Award (Maximum two awards per year)
- This award is for any lecturer who has shown excellence in their lecturing ability and/or contributed above and beyond to the education of their learners.
- Excellent Support Award (Maximum one award per year)
- This award is for any Otago Polytechnic Limited staff member who has contributed the most to improving the learner experience or success of learners at Otago Polytechnic Ltd.
2. Awards cannot be received by the same person in two consecutive years, unless under exceptional circumstances.
3. Awards will be presented at a graduation ceremony.
4. No award will be made if, in the view of the Student Council, none is justified.
5. Evaluation Panel membership
- Otago Polytechnic Ltd Student Council Members.
- Deputy Chief Executive: Learner Experience - for support with process and decision making.
6. The nomination process will be facilitated by the Executive Assistant to the DCE: Learner Experience (currently via www.surveymonkey.com/).
7. Nominations close mid-October each year and will be evaluated by an Evaluation Panel convened for that purpose.
8. All decisions of the Evaluation Panel are final.
9. At the conclusion of the Panel’s evaluations the Graduation Coordinator will be advised of the successful recipients no later than 10 November each year, for inclusion in the Graduation Booklet.
10. Staff to whom awards are granted will be e-mailed congratulating them on their nomination and asking to confirm if they wish to accept or not. If so, it will proceed. If not, the award may be made to the next most highly rated nominated staff member at the direction of the Student Council Chair and the DCE: Learner Experience.