Otago Polytechnic
nz exhibition3

Memorial to “The NZ Exhibition” site – Sargood Centre

 

The memorial to “The NZ Exhibition” that sits on the wall of the Sargood Centre, beside the front door, was placed there as part of the great exhibition of 1924. 

The Sargood Centre was the only permanent building constructed during the exhibition, as it housed the art collection. The art could not be insured unless it was housed in a permanent structure.