Search the Service knowledge base
Have you ever been working away in Moodle, building your course or developing a new online activity, and wondered.... “How do I do this?”
Well, the good news is you can now ask a question directly in Moodle and the associated Service knowledge base article will give you the answer!
Yes that’s right, within any page in Moodle, you will now find a block on the right hand side of your screen titled ‘Need help using Moodle?”
How to search
You can now search the Service knowledge base for any help documentation that we have created to help you use Moodle:
- Simply enter a question
e.g. ‘How do I update my Moodle profile?’ or ‘How do I use groups in Moodle?’
Add some keywords that might be appropriate for your question
e.g. ‘Moodle profile’ or ‘groups Moodle’ and you’ll see the search list
- Hit Enter or click the Search icon
- You’ll automatically be signed into the Service knowledge base and the results of your query will be listed.
- If you include the keyword ‘Moodle’ to your search, the most appropriate result will appear first in the list, along with any other knowledge base articles related to Moodle
- If the appropriate results do not appear, try adding different keywords (e.g. picture, image, photo)
- If you have any suggestions for additional keywords to be added to a knowledge base article please send these to Rachel Cash
- If your question is not answered in the Service knowledge base, please share your suggestion with your Educational Technology Champion, who will be collating these for addition to the Service knowledge base.
For any other support using Moodle, you can try any of the following options:
- Ask another colleague within your team
- Ask your Educational Technology Champion
- Create a case in Service for the Learning and Teaching Development Team
Published on 27 Aug 2019
Orderdate: 27 Aug 2019
Expiry: 20 Dec 2019