Ka rawe! It was great to see so many staff achieve their first EduBits in 2019. What now?
As you settle back into work and start planning your year ahead, now's the time to think about what existing skills you want recognition for OR new skills you want to acquire. This is where EduBits can help.
Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About EduBits But Were Afraid To Ask
EduBits are micro-credentials that demonstrate a set of skills and/or knowledge that are worthwhile in their own right and worthy of recognition.They are not qualitatively different from traditional qualifications - they are different only in size and scope. Check out these Frequently Asked Questions to find out more and, while you're there, have a look around the recently refreshed site. What do you think?
EduBits are free for staff
Our EduBits website contains a mix of EduBits skills you can Learn and credentials you can Earn. Remember, all OP Staff can enter the OPSTAFFPD promocode, when it comes time to pay, to do ANY of our EduBits for free. Here's some suggestions for your 2020 team and personal performance plans:
- Te Reo Māori for the Workplace - Get comfortable speaking the kupu at one of our popular lunchtime learning workshops for staff, with award-winning Shaun Tahau, then Earn your credential to share your capability with the world. Or, why not show what you already know about Tikanga Māori or Te Tiriti o Waitangi / The Treaty of Waitangi: Introduction. Plus, look out for Cultural Competency: Understanding Biculturalism, coming in 2020.
- Basic Affineur Skills - Who doesn't love cheese?! Learn through online lessons then show off your cheese handling, storage and pairing skills by Earning the credential. Watch out for new 'Cheese' EduBits, coming in 2020.
- Open Education Resource universitas (OERu) EduBits - ALL these EduBits have companion Learning available through OERu. So upskill then Earn credentials in everything from Initiating a Project to Market Research and Customer Insights, not to mention the four 'Learning In A Digital Age (LiDA)' EduBits: Digital Literacies for Online Learning, Digital Citizenship, Open Education, Copyright and Open Licensing in a Digital World, Critical Media Literacies and Associated Digital Skills
- Microsoft skills certifications - Earning these ones takes a bit of practice but who doesn't already use Microsoft every day?
- Learning at Work - Learn how as part of the Graduate Diploma in Tertiary Education (GDTE) suite of workshops or Earn right away if you already have the evidence of expertise.
- Sustainable Practice at Work - Earn recognition for how you align your practice to one of our strategic priorities.
- Working Independently - Earn this Learner Capability EduBit quicker than you can say 'self-leading team'.
Like lollies in a candy jar, there are so many great choices! Which ones will you pick?
The EduBits team have stories to tell and lessons we've learned - look out for our series of upcoming blog posts:
- Microsoft Certifications
- How EduBits Are Made
- Join us as an EduBits Contractor
- EduBits Learner and Earner Journeys
- EduBits Partner Stories
- How to Build an Acclaim Badge Profile
- Staying Current with Global Skills Trends
- EduBits Website Refresh Projects
We welcome your questions and feedback
We're available via email at hello@EduBits.nz, by phone on 0800EduBits (0800 338 2487), or we'd love you to visit us in person on L3 of F-Block on the Dunedin Campus. (We don’t bite, mostly).
Your EduBits Team - Inge, Kirsty and Mairead
Ahakoa, he iti he pounamu
Although it is small, it is precious
Published on 31 Jan 2020
Orderdate: 31 Jan 2020
Expiry: 4 Dec 2020