This is a revised Call for Exhibition and accompanying Presentations, with new closing date for submissions 20 May 2020.
Please note, due the disruption occurring globally, we have made the difficult decision to alter the call for this symposium exhibition to be for digital submissions of physical work. We are disappointed that we cannot have a physical exhibition but happy that we have the means to provide an online space for the widest scope of fashion practitioners to present their works to each other and to the world for inspiration and critical discussions.
The curation panel hopes to attract a broad range of proposals that reflect the creative diversity of the contemporary material fashion practice community. We welcome proposals from all types of fashion practitioners, whether traditional or experimental, and whether design students, or emerging or established fashion practitioners.
All selected exhibitors must have the ability to submit still images of their work, and to record a short (2 - 5 minute) presentation on their mobile phones.
- 20 April: Submissions Open
- 20 May: Submissions Close
- 25 - 31 May: Exhibition curation panel reviews proposals
- 5 June: Applicants notified of panel's decisions
- 19 June: Successful exhibitors to submit all images and video to email@example.com via links through a file sharing service such as a link using ‘You Send It’, ‘We Transfer’ or ‘Hightail’ or similar service designed to share large files.
- July: Exhibition becomes live. Symposium exhibition schedule commences, 2 minute presentations from each exhibitor about the work presented, including Q&A via a comments thread. Our aim is to facilitate live presentations.
Submit the following as a single PDF document, named in the following format: surname_first name_Fashion2020.pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org
PDF documents should be no more than 8 pages. Please remember to clearly communicate your critical material fashion practices in your proposal
- 300-500 word written abstract which outlines the thinking behind your work
- Photographs of the work to be exhibited
- Up to 3 photographs of examples of your previous work
- A one page CV with bio that explains your fashion background and experience. Please include links to your instagram and website if applicable
All proposals must be submitted by the closing deadline: 20 May 2020.
Any proposals submitted after this time will not be considered.
Following Critical Making: Contemporary Fashion Practices, selected submissions will be highlighted in a journal article
Critical Making: Contemporary Fashion Practices curatorial panel and convenors: – email@example.com
2020 Curatorial panel –
- Dr Margo Barton
- Dr Jane Malthus
- Moira White
Thank you to the Otago Polytechnic research office, Otago Museum and iD Dunedin for their support.
Published on 11 Mar 2020
Orderdate: 11 Mar 2020
Expiry: 30 Jun 2020