COVID-19 Learner Toolbox
Support your learners' online learning journey and their wellbeing with the COVID-19 Learner Toolbox.
The COVID-19 Learner Toolbox draws together a selection of resources a learner might need during the COVID-19 lockdown and to support their online studies.
The Learner Toolbox was created by Student Success and Learning and Teaching Development from new and existing online resources on the Student Support Te Ama Tauira website.
Quick links to contact details for OP Support Services are also included.
Learner Toolbox content
Resources cover wellbeing aspects and technical information:
- Self-care during COVID-19 - Tips for looking after yourself, your whānau and your friends.
- Wellbeing Toolbox - Kia Kaha
- Online communication – Tips to being a successful online communicator.
- The online student – Information on how to study online.
- Getting started with online learning - Become familiar with the OP online learning environment: Moodle
- Digital Tools at OP – Step by step instructions on how to use digital tools at OP.
- Discussion forums in Moodle – Learn how to use a Moodle forum.
- Office 365 – Information on free Office products and how to download and use them.
- Microsoft Teams meetings – Tips and instructions on how to participate in a Teams meeting.
- Robertson Library - Access the online resources available at the Robertson Library.
Stay positive, stay connected, keep learning.
Access to the Learner Toolbox
Learners can access the COVID-19 Learner Toolbox through:
- The link on the Student Hub
- The homepage of the Student Support Te Ama Tauira website
- Side block on every Moodle page - see example at right
- Direct link that you give them https://studentservices.op.ac.nz/covid-19-learner-toolbox/
This page and its resources are a work in progress. There are currently several new resources being developed to join this selection. If you have any ideas or suggestions to improve the content, please email Emma Allen from Learning and Teaching Development.
Published on 1 Apr 2020
Orderdate: 1 Apr 2020
Expiry: 2 Apr 2022