We are pleased to announce that from Tuesday 2 June 2020 Tapuae Gym will be open again for all members.
Please ensure you familiarise yourself with our AL2 guidelines that are below. You will need to book in advance the timeslot slot you wish to exercise in as per the available slots. These are accessible via this link: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/ws?studioid=151342&stype=-7&sView=day&sLoc=0
There are still restricted hours and numbers of people allowed in the gym at any one time. Once a booking slot is full it will no longer show as available on the link above.
The key expectations for all members are:
- Sign in immediately upon entering Tapuae.
- Bringing two towels one big one for protection and one smaller one for cleaning as per guidelines.
- The user MUST clean ALL equipment pre and post usage.
- The water tap is not available so please bring your own filled water bottle.
- Please be ready to train at the start of your chosen time slot so as to avoid crossover between sessions for social distancing restrictions and ease of contact tracing.
- You will need to enter through our front gym door but leave via the back door onto Uni Oval #2 ground.
- Only use the changing rooms for toileting.
Mon: 6:30am –12pm, 12 - 1pm Boxing class only, 4-7pm
Tues: 9am – 12pm
Wed: 6:30am –12pm, 12 - 1pm Boxing class only, 4-7pm
Thurs: 9am – 12pm
Fri: 6:30am –12pm, 12 - 1pm Boxing class only
Sat: 9am -12pm
TAPUAE’S Covid-19 operational health and safety AL2 guidelines
- Only 10 pairs (PT and client) or members (20 people in total) will be allowed inside the Tapuae space within any one 1 hour training window and additional gym supervisor. This MUST be booked in prior. No walk-ups allowed even for PT and
- Tapuae’s entrance door permanently open during commencement of training windows therefore no touching of handle
- Exiting will occur out the back door onto Logan Park #2 field, again door propped open throughout training
- Self-sign in by PT and Client or member (hand sanitizer pre and post) MUST occur prior to training (AS SOON AS ENTERING TAPUAE).
- Both student PT and Client or member must be ready to train at the start of their ‘booked’ session with an orderly process of accessing Tapuae as per the 2m distancing
- No booking, no training for PT/Clients/members.
- Equipment spaced appropriately around in both Tapuae and Z116.
- Stretch mats and foam rollers not available for use.
- Tapuae boxing gloves not available for use.
- Maintaining 2m distancing rule unless client is already within the PT’s bubble then they can use the 1m spacing rule.
- PT will use PPE (face mask) if wanting to go inside the 2m rule for a client not already within their personal bubble.
- No touching/spotting/passing of equipment between two people.
- Client/member to clean ALL equipment pre and post use.
- Client/member to bring two towels (1 x bath towel for separating skin from benches and floor, 1 x smaller towel for cleaning of equipment) and 1 x pillow case for safe transportation of towels to and from Tapaue.
- Filtered water no longer accessible. All person(s) must bring their own water to the session.
- Changing Rooms only to be used for toileting – no changing of clothing allowed. MUST hand sanitize pre and post toilet use so door handles kept clean. Toilet seat also sanitized pre and post use.
- Locker spaces not available for use.
- Clients/members will not be allowed to lift weights that would require any spotting to take place. Stay submaximal and safe.
- Deep clean of Tapuae, Z116 and changing areas to occur at the end of every day (Mon-Fri) by OP Cleaning contractor.
Published on 29 May 2020
Orderdate: 29 May 2020
Expiry: 30 Jun 2020