Kia ora koutou
People & Culture are keen to develop and grow a pool of mentors at OP.
What is Workplace Mentoring?
It is a one-to one learning partnership where a staff member who is experienced and skilled in a particular aspect(s) of work is paired with another staff member seeking to develop their competency in that area. The overall goal of a mentoring relationship is to help people to realise their full potential.
What are the benefits of participating as a Mentor?
There are benefits in participating in this relationship including personal growth and satisfaction and greater engagement with work and career. Assists with learning new things about yourself, challenges your thinking, assists with developing leadership skills, provides career satisfaction, seeing leadership with fresh eyes, recharges your batteries, and builds confidence.
Who is the programme for?
Staff currently in directors, head of programmes, head of colleges, team leader, academic leader roles, and for people who want to develop into leadership roles.
What is expected of you?
- Mentors will have the opportunity to mentor pertaining to our leadership capabilities, general leadership mentoring, topic specific mentoring e.g., promotion applications, career mentoring, mentoring for women around balancing workload and family, or any topic the mentee feel they are needing some mentoring in.
- Mentoring sessions will be no more than 1 hour long and with the frequency of the meetings being negotiated with your mentee over six-months. Should further time be warranted for the partnership, then an extension may be granted.
- The programme is designed so that mentoring sessions can either be face to face or online depending on the location of mentor and mentee.
- Mentors and mentees will be matched by the DCE People, Culture, and Safety, and the People & Culture team so that the context of the discussions can be broadened and deepened, offering greater insight for managing leadership challenges, and also challenging your growth mindset.
- Each mentor and mentee will complete a mentoring agreement which will outline the details of the relationship. At the end the mentoring relationship an evaluation will be undertaken to assess the value of this programme.
If you feel this is something you would like to participate in and help a mentee realise their full potential, please email your expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 May 2021. Include:
- Your name
- Your position
- Key strengths: What abilities, skills and knowledge do you believe (either via feedback you have received or through your own discovery) you excel at that would be beneficial to the mentoring relationship.
If you have any questions, please contact Vicie by email email@example.com or her cell: 021 735 160.
Published on 12 Apr 2021
Orderdate: 12 Apr 2021
Expiry: 31 Aug 2021