We are calling for expressions of interest for staff who wish to be mentored at OP and be part of our mentoring programme.
What is Workplace Mentoring? It is a one-to one learning partnership where a staff member who is experienced and skilled in a particular aspect(s) of work is paired with another staff member seeking to develop their competency in that area. The overall goal of a mentoring relationship is to help people to realise their full potential. This is a fully confidential partnership.
Who is the programme for? Any staff member wanting to be mentored.
What are the benefits of participating as a Mentee?
- Being encouraged and empowered in personal development.
- Being helped to identify and achieve career goals.
- Being helped to identify and correct gaps in generic skills and knowledge.
- Increasing your confidence.
- Developing and maintaining a broader perspective on career options and opportunities.
- Having access to a senior role model.
What is expected of you?
- Mentoring sessions will be no more than 1 hour long and with the frequency of the meetings being negotiated with the mentor over six-months. Should further time be warranted for the partnership, then an extension may be granted.
- The programme is designed so that mentoring sessions can either be face to face or online depending on the location of mentor and mentee.
- Mentors and mentees will be matched by the DCE People, Culture, and Safety, and the People & Culture team so that the context of the discussions can be broadened and deepened, offering greater insight for managing leadership challenges, and also challenging your growth mindset.
- To complete the Mentoring Partnership Agreement which will outline the details of the relationship at your first meeting. At the end the mentoring relationship an evaluation will be undertaken to assess the value of this programme.
If you feel this is something you would like to participate in and some help in realising your full potential, please email your expression of interest to email@example.com by 15 May 2021. Included in this email will be:
- Your name
- Your position
- What you would like mentoring in leadership capabilities, general leadership mentoring, topic specific mentoring e.g., promotion applications, career mentoring, mentoring for women around balancing workload and family, or any topic you feel you need some mentoring in. Please specify in your email what specifically you are looking for a mentor for.
If you have any questions, please contact Vicie by email firstname.lastname@example.org or her cell: 021 735 160.
Published on 7 May 2021
Orderdate: 7 May 2021
Expiry: 31 Oct 2021