From Monday 13 September 2021 Tapuae gym is available in a limited and managed way for ISEH students and members to train in specially designated training windows of time that must be pre-booked. Members can email Sport for the booking link.
Priority is being given to students who need to undertake practical sessions with their clients as a requirement of their studies.
Please read below for the detailed guidelines for how to train safely at Tapaue gym during Alert Level 2.
Outside of the designated training windows Tapuae is closed to members (including staff) for individual training and only open to students attending classes scheduled in Z117 (Tapuae gym). Currently this exclusion is between 9 am and 4 pm daily, Monday to Friday, except for Monday to Friday. 12-1pm (lunchtime fitness classes only) which can be booked.
Key points to remember:
- arrive in a timely fashion as access is tightly controlled at the start of each training window of time
- have everything you need with you for training
- the toilets in the changing room area behind the gym are only available to people in Z117/Tapuae
- Read and understand the guidelines
BOOK --> ARRIVE ON TIME AT FRONT ENTRANCE -->TRAIN --> LEAVE VIA THE BACK DOOR
TAPUAE’S Covid-19 Full Operational Health and Safety AL2 guidelines UNTIL change to AL1 occurs
- Training windows available for use are as follows:
- Mon-Fri 6-9am, 12-1pm (lunchtime fitness classes only), 4-8pm
- Sat 9am-12pm
- Limited numbers in each training window - Only 10 pairs (PT and client) or members (10 people in total if PT pairs not booked can this go up or will it be capped at 10 regardless?) or a combination of both up to a total of 20 people will be allowed inside the Tapuae space within any one 50 mins training window and additional Gym Instructor. This MUST be booked in prior. No walk-ups allowed even for PT and This link will be sent out to all current and new Tapuae members.
- No booking = no training for PT/Clients/members.
- Both student PT and Client or member must be ready to train at the start of their ‘booked’ session on the hour with an orderly process of accessing Tapuae as per the 2m distancing rule.
- Masks are to be worn while waiting outside and members/clients are to continue wearing them until they begin their session. Masks are to be put back on as soon as possible post workout. You are welcome to wear your mask throughout your workout if you wish.
PT’s are to wear their mask at ALL times!
- ALL users must scan the QR Code before entering Tapuae. Self-sign in by PT and Client or member (hand sanitizer pre and post) MUST occur prior to training (AS SOON AS ENTERING TAPUAE).
- Tapuae’s entrance door permanently open during commencement of training times therefore no touching of handle required.
- Equipment is spaced appropriately around in Tapuae for your safety.
- Stretch mats and foam rollers not available for use.
- Tapuae boxing gloves not available for use.
- Maintain the 2m distance rule at all times regardless of bubble situations to avoid any confusion or issues.
- No touching/spotting/passing of equipment between two people.
- Client/member to clean ALL equipment pre and post
- Client/member to bring two towels (1 x bath towel for separating body from benches and floor, 1 x smaller towel for cleaning of equipment).
- Filtered water no longer accessible. All person(s) must bring their own water to the seesion.
- Changing Rooms only to be used for toileting – no changing of clothing allowed. MUST hand sanitize pre and post toilet use so door handles kept clean. Toilet seat also sanitized pre and post use.
- Locker spaces not available for use.
- Clients/members will not be allowed to lift weights that would require any spotting to take place. Stay submaximal and safe.
- Exiting will occur out the back door onto Logan Park #2 field. Please sanitize your hands prior to leaving as this door has to remain shut for the safety of all inside.
- Deep clean of Tapuae and changing are as to occur at the end of every day (Mon-Sat) by OP Cleaning Contractor for your safety.
Published on 9 Sep 2021
Orderdate: 9 Sep 2021
Expiry: 9 Oct 2021