Head: Academic Programmes
Tēnā koutou katoa
This role will be responsible for leading the growth and strategy of quality programmes at Otago Polytechnic’s Central Campus. Based in Cromwell you will ensure quality educational development and programme delivery including distance and in-work learning. You will work closely with the Head of College/Campus Manager and self-leading team members along with industry stakeholders.
To be successful in this role, you will:
· have significant academic quality management processes including NZQA framework
· have knowledge and experience in current teaching and assessment practices
· have demonstrable evidence across a broad range of programmes, especially at level 3-5.
· have a robust understanding of academic regulations, and leading change with diverse and distributed teams
· be able to demonstrate evidence of planning and implementing change projects (in more than one specialist topic area would be an advantage)
· have experience in integrating digitalisation into change projects
· be future focussed
· have strong relationship management skills including influencing and coaching
· have excellent leadership skills
· have strong industry networks or be able to establish these by your excellent communication skills
· be technology focused specifically in learning platforms.
· Have a degree qualification (preferably post graduate)
· It would be an advantage if you had experience in primary industries, have a working knowledge of unit standards and the ITO space, and or trades academies
This is an exciting opportunity in a newly created role for a passionate educational leader to grow and diversify our programmes while supporting our teaching staff and enhancing our tauira (learner’s) experience.
For a position description or to apply please click the link below. For specific information contact Kelly Gay 0800 765 9276 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm, Monday 2 November 2020https://op.qjumpersjobs.co/jobs/details/1036508
Marketing Co-ordinator (aka Digital Superstar!)
Permanent, fulltime position
We are looking for a digital marketing superstar to join our team of marketing and communication specialists who are bringing the Otago Polytechnic brand into a new age. Your main focus is to drive student recruitment through digital channels, as well as support all marketing and communications efforts across the organisation.
This role plays a crucial part in rolling out integrated marketing campaigns. You will be a fan of social media and create engaging content by default. You’ll know how to inspire people into action through strategic and creative copywriting. And turning data into insights will be second nature to you.
The ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business and have at least three years’ experience in digital-focused marketing roles. They must have experience using the tools to create/manage digital campaigns and be able to talk to their learnings and results. This is a must as you need to hit the ground running.
What you’ll bring:
· Significant experience creating, running and evaluating ads in Facebook Business Manager and Google Ads
· Passion for customer-centric content marketing and storytelling
· An understanding of Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
· Experience using analytical tools such as Google Analytics to provide customer and performance insights
· Proven ability to report on digital media analytics from an ROI perspective
· Hunger for results and achieving KPI’s
· Excellent communication skills
· A healthy obsession for creative marketing!
What we’ll offer:
· A competitive salary with organisational benefits
· The opportunity to be creative
· Great tech to work on
· Professional development
· A flexible and fun working environment
The successful applicant will show a strong commitment to the values and strategic priorities of Otago Polytechnic along with your own continual learning to achieve marketing results.
For a position description or to apply please visit our website
For specific information on the position, please contact Leanne Ross, 0800 762 786 or email@example.com
Applications close: 5pm, Sunday 1 November 2020https://op.qjumpersjobs.co/jobs/details/1036436
Occupational Therapy Lecturer
Part time, permanent and fixed term opportunities
Tēnā koutou katoa
We have an exciting opportunity for Lecturers within our Bachelor of Occupational Therapy programme. These roles will be based in Hamilton and part of a team to deliver occupational therapy theories and practice to tauira (learners). We are looking for experienced, passionate and motivated educators who create an outstanding learning experience for our tauira.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- a wide range of understanding and experiences of current models and frameworks in the area.
- a desire to help students learn.
- the ability to work with community agencies to develop links and networks for our learners.
- Experience in research would be an advantage
- Hold a current Occupational Therapist Annual Practicing Certificate
- a tertiary teaching qualification or a willingness to undertake training in this area
The roles available are
- 0.65 FTE permanent, and
- 0.5 FTE fixed term until the end of 2021.
It would be an advantage for the successful candidate of the permanent role to have skills and experience to teach the older person components of the programme.
The role has scope for extending the capabilities of the successful applicant should this be the pathway they aspire to.
For specific information contact Penelope Kinney, phone 0800 762 786. Click here for a position description. To apply
To apply, please complete the Application Form, and attach your cover letter and CV. Any queries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org In your application please specify which role or roles you would like to be considered for and your ideal FTE.
Applications close 5pm, Monday 26 October 2020.
Communication Design Lecturer
Bachelor of Design (Communication) Lecturer
Tēnā koutou katoa
The College of Creative Practice and Enterprise has a vacancy for a Lecturer on the Bachelor of Design (Communication) programme with some teaching at certificate level. Strong organisation skills and teaching experience in a studio-based learning environment is essential. This role would suit an experienced, passionate and motivated designer and educator who creates an outstanding learning experience for our tauira (learners) and has extensive and current knowledge of:
- Graphic design and related software
- Branding and communication strategies
- Professional design studio practices and conventions
- Recent and relevant experience in these fields.
- Tertiary teaching experience.
For specific information contact Caroline McCaw, phone 021 735846 Click here for a position description.
Applications close 5pm, Sunday 1 November 2020.