Graduating from another institution
We now welcome graduating learners from other institutions within Te Pūkenga. Te Pūkenga have worked hard to ensure that graduating learners can now attend a graduation ceremony occurring at any Te Pūkenga institution.
We have a process in place to enable this to happen and are looking forward to opening up our ceremonies to our wider whānau.
- Graduates from other institutions need to be officially confirmed in advance of the Otago Polytechnic graduation date.
- If you’re wanting to graduate at an Otago Polytechnic graduation, a dated, written confirmation needs to be sent directly to our graduation team by the institution you’re graduating from. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- These requests need to align with Otago Polytechnic timelines and no late registrations will be accepted. See registration dates here for upcoming ceremonies.
- Otago Polytechnic do not present certificates at the graduation ceremony.
- Once we confirm that you’re coming to one of our ceremonies, Otago Polytechnic will liaise with you about your gown hire. There will be an additional charge for out-of-town regalia (i.e. gowns not from the Otago Polytechnic Gown Room).
If you need some guidance, we’re here to help. Feel free to chat to us directly about any questions you may have.