Use our platform to share your student experience
We're searching for a range of current students, across all study areas, all programmes to become official OP Creators for our social media.
There are pretty much no rules other than the content you create is about what it's like to study at OP - document your daily life, your own student experience or highlights of your course - through videos.
Reels, IGTVs or stories - you decide!
If you're looking for inspiration, check out @OtagoPolytechnic Instagram and look out for 'INSIDE OP' content to see what our other OP Creators have shared.
What’s in it for you?
- Get paid a $200 gift card
- Play your part representing your study area, your community and your mates
- Network with other OP Creators, students and lecturers
- Showcase your student projects, skills and talent
- Grow your own social media community (we can tag when your content is posted)
- Get recognised in the community. Our Instagram reaches businesses and people across New Zealand!
Being an OP Creator is a great experience to add to your CV.
Communicate, collaborate, and get recognised for the content you create. Consider this as a project to add to your portfolio, CV or even receive recommendations from our marketing team on your LinkedIn!
Create two 30 seconds videos ready-to-post - selfie videos, reels, stories - you pick!
Submit your content to our marketing team and Voilà, you’ve earned yourself $200.
You'll have total free rein on what you create, but we can provide you with some content ideas during the onboarding phase once you’ve been selected. In the meantime, apply and get thinking about how you want to share your experience!
- You must be a current Otago Polytechnic student studying in Dunedin, Central Otago or via distance
- You must be endorsed by one of your lecturers (you are asked to supply their name within your application)
- You must have your own mobile phone (or access to one) to create content
- You must be able to upload your content via an online form
- By applying, you are giving permission to use your images and content in our social posts, marketing material and advertising.
Our application intake is open now.