How to apply
Begin your next big study journey with us. Applying to enrol in study is quick and easy. Start or view your online application form here, and follow our step by step guide on how to apply.
Before you apply
We recommend that you have all the information you need on-hand before you start. However, you can always come back to your application to complete and continue where you left off.
You will need:
- Your NZQA or National Student Index registration number, if you have one. If you can’t find it, don’t worry, we can still process your application.
- Your academic history – this may be your NCEA results, or results from other education providers
- Your iwi details, if applicable
- a RealMe, Google, or Facebook account
- Certified copies of documents
Some programmes may require further information, you will be asked for these during the application process or you can check the qualification page for information about these before starting your application.
If you’re unsure about what to study, have a chat with one of our Liaison Advisors. They’re here to give you more information about programmes and entry requirements. They can even show you around our campus and give you insights into particular study areas.
Step-by-step how to apply
Step 1: Choose your programme
Head to the programme information page and select Apply Now to start the application process.
You will initially be asked for your personal information, or you can log in directly with your RealMe, Google, or Facebook account which will complete some of this for you.
You will receive an acknowledgement when you have submitted your application successfully.
- If you don’t submit your application you can come back later. We’ll send you reminders to let you know you have not submitted so you don’t forget about it.
Step 2: Application progress
We’ll start to work on your application once we receive it.
You can check the status of your application at any time in your application portal.
Our Academic Registry team will check what you have uploaded.
- Once we’ve received everything we need your application status will change to Information Received.
- If we need more information we’ll let you know via a notification.
- Your application will change to Under Consideration when everything you’ve provided has been sent to be assessed for admission.
Step 3: Accept and confirm your place in your course
If you are offered a place in a programme you will receive a notification confirming the details of your offer.
You need to log in to your application portal and accept your offer to be enrolled into the programme.
Step 4: You're ready to study
Congratulations – you’re ready to study at Otago Polytechnic. We will contact you closer to your start date to confirm your enrolment. In the meantime, if you have any questions about your enrolment, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Services team.
Step 5: Payment of fees
You will need to arrange payment of your fees to secure your place on your programme. This can be done in full - via online banking or by paying at our Customer Services Desk.
If you are paying your fees via StudyLink with the help of a Student Loan, we recommend you arrange this immediately.
Step 6: Programme specific information
Closer to the start of class you’ll be contacted by your programme team with specific information like timetables, classrooms, orientation, uniforms, and other course related items.
Helpful resources and information
If you’re not sure what to study and would like some guidance, we’re here to help. Feel free to chat to us directly about any questions you may have.