Otago Polytechnic Te Pūkenga fact sheet
Below is our fact sheet for 2023. Our academic year aligns with the calendar year.
Te Pūkenga - New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology Otago Polytechnic (OP)
Te Pūkenga - New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology
Private Bag 1910
+ 64 3 477 3014
Phone: + 64 3 477 3014
Cellphone: +64 21 705 976
Semester one: Feb 2023 - June 2023
Semester two: July 2023 - Nov 2023
In the week prior to start date (details advised in the offer letter to student).
Students must be officially nominated by their home institution before submitting application.
- Semester 1 2024 (Feb-June) deadline: 1 September 2023
Please use our Nomination Template.
Semester 1 2024 (Feb-June) deadline: 21 September 2023
- Application form
- Verified passport copy
- Tertiary academic transcript (in English language) with an explanation of the grading system
- Proof of English Language skills. IELTS B2 or higher.
- One page letter of motivation
- Portfolio (for Design, Art or Architecture)
- To apply for approval to study IT courses, a student is required to provide the course outlines (in English) of all IT courses already studied in their home programme.
Letters of offer will be sent by email within two weeks of receipt of an application where possible.
For exchanges and study abroad of one to two semesters only.
- 60 NZ credits / usually four courses of 15 credits each, per semester
- With approval of the home institution, a workload totalling 45 credits (three courses) per semester can be allowed.
- The course lists will be updated in November and will be emailed to our international partners.
Transcript of records will be sent to the home institution within four weeks of the official end of the programme of study when possible. A scan of the transcript will also be sent to the student and their International Office.
Housing, living costs and other pre-arrival information
Student Village Accommodation
Find out more here.
Options can be found here.
Useful information can be found on the Study in New Zealand website.
Students must have Otago Polytechnic approved medical and travel insurance. We prefer students to use Uni-Care insurance. You can find the details here.
Please refer to immigration websites, such as:
- Immigration NZ exchange student visa
- Immigration NZ full fee paying student visa
- Immigration NZ working on a student visa
Please apply for a student exchange visa.
NZD$12,500 tuition fees per semester payable to Otago Polytechnic.
Compulsory medical and travel insurance and student levy: NZD$976.
Exchange has no tuition fee.