Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) offers free, professional and confidential coaching, counselling and support. EAP is delivered through nationwide provider Benestar.
What services are available?
- MyCoach is a coaching/counselling service which is available face-to-face or over the phone. Coaches are trained to assist you with everything from mental health to relationships to exercise and sleep – all in complete confidence.
- BeneHub is a health and wellbeing portal that contains a vast library of health and wellbeing resources.
Who can access the services?
All Otago Polytechnic staff can access the BeneHub portal.
To be eligible for free MyCoach sessions, staff must be employed at 0.4FTE or greater, and be a permanent staff member or employed on a fixed term contract that has at least six months remaining at the time they wish to access the service. OP will cover cost of the first three sessions for eligible staff.
How do I access the services?
It's easy to get started, and once you've registered you'll have secure access to the BeneHub portal and app.
Visit benestar.com and go to the BeneHub Login
Enter your company details under the ‘Not Registered?’ heading:ID: OTPONZ
Provide a few simple details and create your own password
- Or you can phone 0800360364 for assistance.
Once you have registered, you can browse the resources available on BeneHub, and/or search for a coach/counsellor near you.
Where can I go for additional support at OP?
- Your formal leader
- A work colleague
- A member of the People & Culture team
- Our Chaplain
- Your union representative from TIASA or TEU