Updated 10 June 2020
Well done everyone! We've reached Alert Level 1 as a country and an organisation.
Otago Polytechnic would like to say a huge thank you to everyone for their work and support. We are now fully reopen and operating as normal.
In line with the New Zealand Government, we do ask that you continue to record your contacts (via the OP-only App if you have a smartphone, the web version of the App if you don’t, or in a notebook) and that we continue with the increased personal hygiene practices.
The safety of our students, staff and wider community remains our top priority and student support is very much available for all of our learners.
How can I access support?
We appreciate that this has been a difficult time for everyone. Please remember if you need support or to talk to someone during this period of change, our Student Success team is always available for you.
Student Success Dunedin: 0800 762 786 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Success Central: 0800 765 9276 | email@example.com
If you need help outside office hours, contact our pastoral care / student support emergency phone number: (+64) 21 735 421.
Golden rules of Alert Level 1
- If you’re sick, stay home. Don’t go to work or school. Don’t socialise.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms call your doctor or Healthline and make sure you get tested.
- Wash your hands. Wash your hands. Wash your hands.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow, and regularly disinfect shared surfaces.
- If you are told by health authorities to self-isolate you must do so immediately.
- If you’re concerned about your wellbeing or have underlying health conditions, work with your GP to understand how best to stay healthy.
- Keep track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen to help contact tracing if needed.
- Businesses should help people keep track of their movements by displaying the Ministry of Health QR Code for contact tracing.
- Stay vigilant. There is still a global pandemic going on. People and businesses should be prepared to act fast to step up Alert Levels if we have to.
- People will have had different experiences over the last couple of months. Whatever you’re feeling — it’s okay. Be kind to others. Be kind to yourself.
Unite Against Covid-19
If you have the following symptoms, please contact Healthline (for free) on 0800 358 5453 or your doctor immediately. Call your doctor before visiting.
- Difficulty breathing
Otago Polytechnic Student Health Centre is open during the lockdown (Mon-Fri, 9.00am-3.00pm). It is important to call ahead on (03) 479 6082.