Updated 18 May 2020
Otago Polytechnic has reopened and look forward to welcoming back our students and staff! We've been working hard to ensure learning is not compromised and our campus is safe.
Our Critical Incident Management Team have been meeting daily and Otago Polytechnic has been planning and preparing our learning spaces for the change in Alert Levels and what this will mean for teaching and learning. The safety of our students, staff and the wider community remains our top priority.
Alert Level 2 - key info
- Otago Polytechnic reopened for learners on Monday 18 May.
- We are working with programme areas to understand which programmes will return to campus at Level 2 and how we best support learning. We have to prioritise programmes that finish this semester, have high practical requirements or have vulnerable learners.
- Programme staff will be in contact with learners to advise their intended start date back on campus.
- Prior to coming onto campus, all students and staff will be sent this online safety induction module on Covid-19 to complete.
- This has to be completed before campus access will be re-added to people's swipe cards.
- Students and staff will also need to download an OP-only App that allows them to check in and out of buildings so that Otago Polytechnic can manage contact tracing. If the app can't be downloaded, we have other options for check in and check out.
- The Robertson Library is open (Mon 18-Sun 24 May, 8.30am-5.00pm and from Mon 25 May, 8.30am-11.00pm).
What have we been doing to prepare for Level 2?
- Had a complete bio-clean of the campus
- Placed hand sanitiser and wipes all around the campus
- Included signage to remind people to stay away if they feel unwell, about physical distancing requirements and good hygiene practices
- Reviewed the maximum number in classrooms and the spacing of desks
- Placed distance markers at reception areas
- Planned "traffic" movement around campus (stairs that are up or down only, lifts only available for those who have a disability)
- Increased campus cleaning to include daytime rotational cleaning focusing on high touch points
- Eden Cafe will be open but with rules around how we serve.
How can I access support?
We appreciate that this has been a difficult time for everyone. Please remember if you need support or to talk to someone during this period of change, our Student Success team is always available for you.
Student Success Dunedin: 0800 762 786 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Success Central: 0800 765 9276 | email@example.com
If you need help outside office hours, contact our pastoral care / student support emergency phone number: (+64) 21 735 421.
Parent and whānau information
We also understand that this is an anxious time for the parents and wh¯anau of our learners and have added some specific information for you here.
Can members of the public come to campus?
Yes. From Monday 18 May, the Dunedin Campus will be open from 8.00am-5.00pm (Monday to Friday) to members of the public.
However, due to the Health and Safety guidelines we need to follow under Level 2, the only door that will be open to the public is the main entrance on Forth Street (Mason Centre, Customer Services).
Hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance and there will be a sign in sheet for all visitors to complete so we can ensure we follow the rules for contact tracing.
Our main Customer Service Desk will be open for enquiries and we ask that you follow all signage and physical distancing requirements to ensure the safety of our staff, students and community.
Eden Café will also be open from Monday 18 May for coffee and takeaway food – contactless payment only please, no cash. We have laid out the area to make it easy for customers to distance themselves while you wait for your order.
Unite Against Covid-19
If you have the following symptoms, please contact Healthline (for free) on 0800 358 5453 or your doctor immediately. Call your doctor before visiting.
- Difficulty breathing
Otago Polytechnic Student Health Centre is open during the lockdown (Mon-Fri, 9.00am-3.00pm). It is important to call ahead on (03) 479 6082.