Lime Scooters in Dunedin
From Thursday 10 January 2019, Lime Scooters are available for anyone to hire and use in Dunedin.
What are they?
Lime Scooters are electric scooters that cost $1 for the initial hire and then 30 cents per minute after that. Otago Polytechnic has no formal connection with Lime Scooters and anyone who hires one does so at their own risk. The user is completely responsible for their own action(s) or inaction(s) while operating the scooter.
How do I hire one?
- You’ll need to pre-load your account with cash from a credit card.
- Use the app to locate the nearest available scooter to hire.
- Scan the QR code on the scooter – this will release it for hire.
- When finished, scan the QR code again which will end your hire session and lock the scooter ready for the next user.
- Scooters are collected by Lime Scooter employees overnight and charged. They are then redistributed around the city the following morning for users to access.
Lime Scooters on campus
You’re allowed to ride scooters around campus at a walking pace.
- Have fun
- Ride responsibly
- Have full control at all times
- Give pedestrians the right of way
- Leave scooters tidily on the footpath for others to use
- Keep scooters outside at all times.
- Drink and scoot
- Perform stunts or aerobatic manoeuvres on campus (including riding down stairs)
- Scoot inside any Polytechnic buildings (including The Hub)
- Abandon scooters immediately outside building entrances
- Charge scooters on campus.
Things to note
Students are allowed to act as “juicers” (those employed by Lime Scooters to collect and charge scooters overnight) but you are not permitted to charge the scooters on Otago Polytechnic property or use Polytechnic facilities. Energy usage is monitored and any spikes in usage will be investigated.