Become an OP Mentor and help our new students
What is the OP Mentoring Scheme?
This scheme has been set up to help new students settle and transition into tertiary and OP life during their first six weeks of study. A OP Mentor will act as a personal peer mentor for the first six weeks of the semester drawing on their own experiences to provide friendship and guidance on everything from classes, study strategies, student groups and resources, to clubs and social activities in Dunedin.
When does the does the scheme run?
The programme runs during the first and second semesters with a semi-structured touch points with mentees. Matching of mentors to mentees is likely to occur by the beginning of February and early July.
What are the benefits of being an OP Mentor?
- Giving back by helping others just starting their academic careers
- Developing leadership, mentoring and networking skills
- Getting rewarded with an EduBits micro-credential
- Meeting heaps of new people and getting connected to the OP and all it has to offer
- Enhancing your CV through valued volunteer/work experience
Will there be training?
Training will be provided in early February with opportunities for further professional development opportunities throughout the year.
How do I apply?
OP Student Mentor applications are now open. Pick up an application form from Student Success or email: firstname.lastname@example.org