No access to OP systems on Saturday 1 May
There will be no access to various IT services for on campus users and remote/distance users on Saturday 1 May. This is due to our Trades Training Centre building works.
Who will this affect?
The services shutdown will affect all our campuses (Dunedin, Central Otago and Auckland International), as well as Te Pā Tauira student village.
At Dunedin Campus
- There will be no internet access/access to OP systems across the whole campus during Saturday 1 May.
- We also need to connect new pipes to the hot water boiler which means we need to shut down the heating system on Friday 30 April.
- This means there will also be no heating across the campus for the whole weekend.
- For health and safety reasons, several of our Dunedin Campus buildings will therefore be locked. All student swipe card access will be disabled to A, D, F (Mason Centre), H and G blocks during Saturday 1 and Sunday 2 May. Access will be enabled from Monday 3 May.
At Te Pā Tauira student village
- There will be no internet access/access to OP systems during Saturday 1 May.
- Manaaki will remain open so that meals can be served but there will be no heating in there on Saturday 1 and Sunday 2 May.
At our Central Otago and Auckland International campuses
- There will be no access to OP systems during Saturday 1 May. We are hoping this lack of access will run from 4.00am – 5.00pm (New Zealand time).
- Auckland Campus lecturers will be in touch with offshore students who have an online class on Saturday.
What services will be impacted?
Impacted IT services include (but are not limited to):
- OP website
- Microsoft Teams.
Some limited services may be available, but the day will essentially be a ‘blackout’ for our IT services.
How long will this run for?
Our contractors are working hard to minimise the time we have no connection. We think this ‘blackout’ will be between 4.00am – 5.00pm on Saturday 1 May.
Will this happen again in the future?
Further IT services shutdowns will be required as building work continues but will not disrupt access to the same level.
Please email Campus Environment Director, Tracey Howell – Tracey.Howell@op.ac.nz
Thank you for your patience as we work through this necessary services changeover.