Welcome to Otago Polytechnic! Here are quick tips to help you get the most out of your start to the year.
- Do meet new people. Visiting the Otago Polytechnic Students Association (OPSA) desk in The Hub is a good place to start – you can also check out the website and Facebook page.
- Do make the most of your ID Card – it gives you free access to all facilities and programmes at UNIPOL Recreation and the Otago University Students’ Association (OUSA) Clubs & Societies. Check out the Healthy Campus Recreation Guideor pick up a copy from OPSA.
- Do attend the events – OUSA Orientation ticketed events as well as the free OPSA events in The Hub. Check out the Orientation Programme for details.
- Do pop in to see the friendly team at the IT Service desk (H107 on the ground floor of The Hub) if you need a hand with your computer or device.
- Do help yourself to fruit and vegetables from our Living Campus
- Do be a good neighbour. Hosted a house party? Be sure to clear up any broken glass or other hazards.
- Do follow advice from the Campus Watch team and the University of Otago Proctor. The Proctor and Campus watch have authority from Otago Polytechnic to work with OP students, and their role is to keep us all safe.
- Don’t get on the wrong side of the law! Unlawful behaviour could jeopardise the future and career you are working towards.
- Don’t worry if you need support. Whether you run into budgeting, relationship, health, study or other problems, we have people who can help.