Search the Otago Polytechnic website

Otago Polytechnic Research Repository (OPRES)

OPRES, the Otago Polytechnic Research Repository, collects, preserves and distributes a digital record of the research carried out by our postgraduate students. 

This is an Open Access repository to foster scholarly communication. You are welcome to browse this material and to use it in your own research or practice provided you comply with the terms of the licence on which the material is made available.

Publicly available content includes:

  • many full theses and dissertations;
  • redacted versions of theses;
  • some abstracts for those theses and dissertations that are available only in hard copy through the University of Otago's Robertson Library; and
  • abstracts for theses which are not publicly available.  

Choose the discipline you are interested in from the left-hand menu to browse selected student theses.


Licensing and Use Rights

Different items have different licences. Most items within this collection are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Framework. Individual entries will display their Creative Commons license, thus providing information about the appropriate use and attribution of material. Information about Creative Commons Licenses and their uses, can be found online.

Theses and dissertations are protected by the Copyright Act 1994 (New Zealand). If any item in this collection has no Creative Commons licence then it may be consulted by you, provided you comply with the provisions of the Act and the following conditions of use:

  • Any use you make of these documents or images must be for research or private study purposes only, and you may not make them available to any other person.
  • Authors control the copyright of their thesis or dissertation. You will recognise the author's right to be identified as the author of the thesis or dissertation, and due acknowledgement will be made to the author where appropriate.
  • You will obtain the author's permission before publishing any material from the thesis or dissertation.



Submit your thesis

or other research degree outputs