AKO Espresso Café
Have a great cup of quality coffee to start your day and enjoy a variety of sweets and savories guaranteed to satisfy!
Enjoy great coffee at Ako Espresso
If you’re chasing a caffeine boost (fix) or just a lunchtime bite, Ako espresso café serves quality coffee and a variety of tasty sweets and savouries.
Ako espresso café operates as a facility to showcase student work and allow for applied learning. It will be open on selected weeks on Wednesdays and Thursdays and also for some pop-up experiences during the year.
It is located at the street front of our M Block on Harbour Terrace (next to Manaaki).
For more information follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/thefooddesigninstitute
Usual operating hours are from 8.30am to 1.00pm.
Ako Espresso Café is opening again!
Our Level 5 New Zealand Diploma in Hospitality Management students are poised to present their pop-up experience at Ako espresso café.
- This pop-up experience is for one 2 week block on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays starting on 8 June until 17 June.
- Then again after the holidays for a 3 week block, this time on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays starting on 28 July until 13 August.
- For your convenience we are open from 8.00am to 2.00pm daily.
- Home-baked sweet and savoury products are prepared fresh each day.
- Treat yourself further with our hot coffees priced at only $3.00.
- Our loyalty card is a further incentive; buy 4 cups of coffee and get your 5th one free.
Our students are really looking forward to being able to serve our guests at Ako espresso café again. They have worked hard to develop a varied menu and beverage list with dine-in and pick-up options.