EWRB Competency Refresher
About the course
All registered electrical workers must hold a practising licence to carry out prescribed electrical work. You need to renew your licence every two years. Before you can do this, you need to complete the competency programme (if your last programme was over two years ago).
Otago Polytechnic is endorsed by the EWRB to run this course.
Once you’ve completed and passed this competency course, we’ll update your details in the EWRB portal. When you apply to renew your practising licence, EWRB will already have confirmation that you have met your competency obligations and are eligible to renew.
Dates & times
- 7 Feb 3pm - 9pm
- 28 March 3pm - 9pm
- 30 May 3pm - 9pm
- 25 Jul 3pm - 9pm
- 26 Sep 3pm - 9pm
- 28 Nov 3pm - 9pm
- $180 with First Aid
- $120 without First Aid
- You must complete the EWRB pre-course work prior to the class starting and provide evidence that you’ve done this. Visit ewrb.govt.nz/for-registered-electrical-workers/your-licence/competence-programme-for-electrical-workers/.
- You’ll also need to provide your electrical registration class at the time of enrolment.
Please note: There’s a maximum of 12 places per course.
This is the Electrical Workers Registration Board refresher training (ET901001 EWRB Competence).
During this course, you will:
- get a basic first aid and CPR refresher
- be given an update on any relevant current electrical issues by the facilitator
- complete a written assessment, made up of 10 questions. This is 'open book' - you can take reference material in with you to use during the assessment
- do a practical testing exercise.
Please bring the following material with you:
- Safety glasses
- Test equipment
This course will run in A block on Forth Street. Check our campus map here.
If you have any questions, please email AlliedTrades@op.ac.nz
We are part of Te Pūkenga
When you apply to study with Otago Polytechnic, you will be enrolled with Te Pūkenga, the new national network of vocational and applied education in Aotearoa New Zealand. You will learn in the same way, in the same place, and with the same people, and you will graduate with a Te Pūkenga qualification.
While every effort is made to ensure that this sheet is accurate, Otago Polytechnic reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw any of the contained information. The fees shown in this document are indicative only. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change and are dependent on the development and implementation of Government policies. Please note that additional fees may from time to time be required for external examination, NZQA fees and/or additional material fees.