Introduction to Supervision
This short course will introduce those new to a supervisory role with foundation skills for success as a supervisor.
About the course
This short course will introduce those new to a supervisory role with foundation skills for success as a supervisor. Content includes understanding personality types, guiding and managing work tasks, and conflict management skills.
- Motivation and delegation techniques
- Understanding personality types
- Guiding and managing work tasks
- Cultural differences - dealing with staff from different cultures/backgrounds
- Conflict management skills
At the end of this one-day workshop, you will:
- understand and be able to apply (in a work setting) the basic principles of motivation, delegation and conflict management
- have strategies to engage with people of different cultures and personalities
- have practised resolving low-level conflicts.
Please email Donna Jones to register your interest for this course.
Phone 0800 765 9276
While every effort is made to ensure that this sheet is accurate, Otago Polytechnic reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw any of the contained information. The fees shown in this document are indicative only. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change and are dependent on the development and implementation of Government policies. Please note that additional fees may from time to time be required for external examination, NZQA fees and/or additional material fees.