Preceptorship and Midwifery Practice
As a preceptor you will have free online access to preceptorship resources. This series of resources are designed to assist midwives who are precepting student midwives, new graduate midwives, or those who have recently returned to practice.
This resource comprises of five individual modules, each with an online assessment. These resources have been approved by the Midwifery Council.
You will cover:
- What is Preceptorship?
- Communication Skills Refresher
- Establishing Relationships
- Feedback and Debriefing
- Conflict Resolution
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Storytelling and Reflective Practice
Midwifery Practice Topics
Short courses on various Midwifery Practice topics, each course comprises a research article and a ten question multi-choice quiz. You can answer the quiz as many times as you like and once you have achieved 80% you will receive a certificate of achievement by email. These resources have been approved by the Midwifery Council.
You will cover:
- Second Stage of Labour
- Assessing Labour Progress
- Counselling Women With Unintended Pregnancies
- Bedsharing With Babies
How to access these free online courses
- Create an account in Moodle - our student online learning platform - and don't forget to confirm your account by following the link sent to your email
- You'll receive access to a Courses page - scroll down until you find Midwifery (when logging in, you need to click on the 'other users' tab option (not the staff and students tab)
- Select Online Resources for Registered Midwives and find the course you want
- When prompted, select 'enrol me in this course'
- Any technical issues, contact our IT Support Desk - 0800 POLYIT or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete your course and add your certificate to your portfolio!