Part-time Lecturers in Applied Management
Otago Polytechnic Auckland International Campus in partnership with Future Skills Academy, is located in Auckland CBD. It is recognised as one of the highest quality tertiary education providers in New Zealand, we are growing rapidly and currently seeking lecturers to teach the following courses in Business, IT, and Construction Management, specifically for under-graduate and post-graduate degrees.
- Applied Management
- Research Methodology
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Project Management
- Corporate Governance
- Hotel Management
- Business Computing
- Digital business and analytics
- Information systems
- Construction Management
- Quantity Surveying
The successful candidates will develop course material and assessments, deliver courses, grade assessments, and be involved in the moderation process. They must be available to provide consultation and support for their students. All academic staff members are expected to contribute to the school's wider academic and intellectual life. Their teaching should follow an interactive learning approach in order to enhance the overall learning experience and achieve learning outcomes.
- PhD or a relevant Master's degree
- A substantial number of years of teaching experience in the New Zealand tertiary education system
- Experience in moderation processes
- Exceptional organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- The desire to be an engaged member of a high-energy team focused on academic excellence, industry relevance, and delivering an exceptional learning experience
- Relevant industry experience
- Experience working in a multi-cultural education environment
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand
- A Doctoral degree
- A willingness and ability to participate in research and scholarly activities
- Possess (or be studying towards) a qualification in tertiary teaching
We are looking for enthusiastic candidates with a passion for providing an outstanding educational experience to our students who come to us from all over the world.
They must be able to demonstrate excellent teaching skills. They will have excellent organisational and communication skills; being able to adapt their style to different personalities and build relationships. A high customer-service ethos and work commitment are also important for the successful applicant.
Closing date: 19th May 2017