All students must graduate within 18 months of completing their qualification.
Register online via Student Hub. You should register even if:
- you are not planning to attend a ceremony (e.g. graduate in absentia)
- you don’t know your results yet
- you’d like to defer your graduation to the next available graduation
- you only wish to attend your school Pre-graduation Functions
- your graduation will be held next year March
When do I need to register?
We will email you when you are eligible. You will also see an alert to register when you log into the Student Hub.
How to register?
Log in with your Otago Polytechnic username and password at Student Hub. There will be a registration form available when the registration is open.
It is important that all your contact information is up to date so you do not miss important graduation messages we may send.
When registering for graduation we will ask you:
- whether you will be graduating in person or in absentia
- about any special seating arrangements required for yourself or your guests
- your academic dress height and head size information
- how many guest tickets you would like to order
I think I’m eligible but the registration message doesn’t appear when I log in to the Student Hub?
Don’t panic. If you feel that you are eligible to graduate but a registration message isn’t appearing when you log in to the Student Hub, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
I don’t know my results yet - should I register for graduation?
Yes, you should register even you haven't had your results yet. All graduation registrations are subject to your final results and the successful completion of your programme. If you are unsure if you are eligible to graduate please contact your Programme Leader or School/College Administrator before you register.
Can I purchase extra tickets and do I pay for extra tickets?
Please note there are a few changes to guest ticket allocation -You will be issued a group entry pass which covers all your guests and wukk be issued when you collect your academic regalia from the gown room. All guests may sit in any unreserved seating, however if your guests do require special seating requirements they will be issued separate tickets.