All students must graduate within 18 months of completing their qualification.
If you're not sure which ceremony you should attend, check the Graduation Ceremony dates information below.
When do I need to register?
We will email you when you are eligible. You will also see an alert to register when you log into the Student Hub.
Where do I register?
Register online via Student Hub
You should register even if:
- you are not planning to attend a ceremony (e.g. graduate in absentia)
- you don’t know your results yet
- you’d like to defer your graduation to the next available graduation
- you only wish to attend your school Pre-graduation Functions
- your graduation will be held next year March.
How do I register?
Log in with your Otago Polytechnic username and password at Student Hub. There will be a registration form available when the registration is open. It is important that all your contact information is up to date so you do not miss important graduation messages we may send.
When registering for graduation we will ask you:
- whether you will be graduating in person or in absentia
- about any special seating arrangements required for yourself or your guests
- your academic regalia hire details, e.g. height and head size
- how many guest seats you require.
You must notify the Graduation Team firstname.lastname@example.org at least five days prior to graduation if you are cancelling your order. Cancelled orders will be fully refunded into your bank account (please provide proof of account details). The processing of refunds takes up to 10 working days.