We offer a variety of scholarships to assist students in many study areas.
With the introduction of the Fees Free scheme, your first year of tertiary study may be covered by the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC). For eligible Fees Free students who don't need to use their scholarship for fees, we have alternative options available to you as follows:
- up to $4,000 towards accommodation in Te Pā Tauira - Otago Polytechnic Student Village or Central Otago student accommodation OR
- to defer your scholarship so that it's applied to the following year of your tuition fees.
For students who are unable to defer their scholarship*, a third alternative option is offered:
- use your scholarship for course-related costs up to a maximum of $2,000 (including GST) paid by reimbursement on production of invoices.
*Those who can't defer their scholarship will be those who have a three year full fees scholarship or those that are studying a one year programme. The third option is only available to those students.
What happens next?
We will send a communication to all our scholarship recipients advising you of your options and asking you to email your preference to email@example.com
- Any income that you receive while on a student allowance must be reported to StudyLink.
- If you choose the accommodation option, please be aware that StudyLink will view this as income and it may impact on your student allowance.
- For help and guidance with this, please either contact the Otago Polytechnic Student Association (OPSA) www.opsa.org.nz or contact StudyLink directly www.studylink.govt.nz or 0800 889 900.
If you have any questions about any of the above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0800 762 786.