Hangaia tō Huarahi Scholarship
Kei a koe te mana
This scholarship, created by Otago Polytechnic Limited, has been established to help learners with Construction and/or Health and Safety aspirations.
Hangaia tō Huarahi means to construct or create and we're excited to offer you the opportunity to build your future.
- Six scholarships to the value of 50% of your tuition fees will be awarded at the discretion of the Deputy Chief Executive: Learning and Teaching Services and/or the Head of College for Engineering, Construction and Living Sciences for study commencing in 2022.
- This scholarship is for domestic learners only.
- The scholarship may be held concurrently with other awards/grants, subject to approval of Otago Polytechnic Limited.
- For those learners eligible for FeesFree, the amount you are eligible for can be applied towards accommodation costs (if staying in one of Otago Polytechnic’s on-campus accommodation options) or towards course-related costs. Further detail will be provided to eligible learners.
- For those learners studying a programme that already comes under the Government's Targeted Training and Apprenticeship Fund (TTAF), the amount you are eligible for can be applied towards accommodation costs (if staying in one of Otago Polytechnic's on-campus accommodation options) or towards additional costs. Further detail will be provided to eligible learners.
- Otago Polytechnic Limited have the power to terminate the scholarship if the recipient ceases to satisfactory follow regulations of the programme of study and/or brings the reputation of Otago Polytechnic Limited into disrepute.
- New Zealand Certificate in Construction Trade Skills (Level 3) (Carpentry)
- New Zealand Certificate in Carpentry (Level 4)
- New Zealand Certificate in Stonemasonry (Level 4) (Construction Stonemasonry)
- New Zealand Diploma in Construction (Level 6) (Construction Management) or (Quantity Surveying)
- New Zealand Diploma in Building Surveying (Level 6)
- Bachelor of Construction (Quantity Surveying) or (Site Management)
- Bachelor of Architectural Studies (Architectural Technology)
- Please fill in this application form and either:
- scan and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- post it to Customer Services, The Hub, Forth Street, Dunedin.
- 2021 Application deadline: TBC
- The names of successful awardees will be chosen by a panel lead by the Deputy Chief Executive Learning and Teaching Services and/or Head of College for Engineering, Construction and Living Sciences.
- Awardees will be announced at an event to be held late in the year.