OneChoice Futures Grant
OneChoice is an insurance provider who know that health for families is only ever as good as the people who are providing it. And they also know that finances are a key factor for families as well as insurance products and services. So, with that in mind, they’re helping to encourage the best people into healthcare, business and finance industries by providing the OneChoice Futures Grant.
The value of the grant is $5,000 and is paid as a one-off payment to the winner.
This grant is offered annually. Applications for the 2019-2020 grant is open until 31 October, 2020.
- To be eligible, you must be enrolled full-time in an accredited New Zealand Tertiary Education Institution and be studying for a certificate, diploma, degree or traineeship in any of the following areas:
- Business – including any business related courses from any institution.
- Finance – including actuarial, statistics, accounting and general finance courses.
- Medicine – including medical and health sciences, surgery and medical research.
- Healthcare – including health and fitness-related specialties, sport sciences, health services assistance and international health.
- Specialist healthcare – including nursing, optometry, dentistry and pharmacy.
- Only citizens or permanent residents of New Zealand can apply.
- You must have reached 18 years of age to enter.
How to apply
To apply, you’ll need to write an essay (maximum 700 words) on why you want to work in your selected industry and the difference you hope to make in your particular field of study.
OneChoice are looking for submissions that reflect a OneChoice desire to improve the quality of people’s lives. It doesn’t have to be great prose, just honest and from the heart.
All applicants must email the following documentation to email@example.com
- Proof of ID
- Proof of enrolment (including course name, tertiary institution name and enrolment status)
- Your response
- Contact details (including residential address)
The winner of the grant will be selected and awarded by a panel of judges from the OneChoice Insurance Team on the basis of the entry that best grasps the essay challenge.
The winner will be notified by email and their name will be published on the OneChoice website on 2 February 2021.