- Registered New Zealand beauty therapist
- Cosmetic representative
- Mobile beauty therapist
What will this programme cover?
- Skin care and eye treatments
- Beauty electrical treatments
- Hair removal treatments
- Anatomy and physiology
- Swedish massage
- Business and professional conduct
- Manicure and pedicure
Pathway into this programme
Our Certificate in Foundation Studies (Level 3) provides the perfect pathway into this Level 4 Certificate programme.
Further study options
- Diploma in Beauty Therapies and Epilation (Level 5)
- Certificate in Stress Management and Spa Therapies (Level 5)
- Diploma in Advanced Therapeutic Massage (Level 6)
These qualifications can lead to self-employment as a therapist or to a career as a beauty clinic manager/owner.
- You must be at least 18 years old by the end of this programme.
- You must have successful completion of NCEA Level 2 (English and Science credits preferred) OR have relevant and current work experience (of at least 2 years)
- The tasks undertaken in the programme require evidence of competence in science and English, as specified above.
- Applications from mature students (over 20) are welcome.
- International students will be individually assessed to ensure you are ready for this study.
- If English is not your first language, you must demonstrate English language skills equivalent to an IELTS overall band score (academic) of 5.5, with no band score less than 5.5.
If you don’t have the entry requirements above, talk to us about whether you have the equivalent skills and knowledge or to determine if this is the right programme for you.
Please note: this programme is subject to minimum numbers.
You must supply your academic records, along with certified copies of proof of identity and proof of residency (where appropriate).
- External examination fees
- Product kits
- Beauty therapist uniform
Student loans and allowances
Student loans and allowances are for domestic students only. For information about student loans and allowances please visit the Studylink website. It is important to apply for your student loan/allowance at the same time as you apply for this programme, due to the length of time Studylink take to process. Loan/allowance applications can be cancelled at any time if you decide to withdraw your programme application or if it is unsuccessful.
While every effort is made to ensure that this sheet is accurate, Otago Polytechnic reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw any of the contained information. The fees shown in this document are indicative ONLY. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change and are dependent on the development and implementation of Government policies. Please note that additional fees may from time to time be required for external examination, NZQA fees and/or additional material fees.