- Employment within the hairdressing industry
What will this programme cover?
- Consultation and analysis
- Selection and recommendation of corrective treatments
- Hair and scalp conditions
- Complex long hair design
- Complex hair setting and finger waving
- Complex blow waving
- Foundation cutting and razor cutting
- Midway and permanent hair colouring
- Careers portfolio.
- We prefer that you have completed our New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing (Salon Support) (Level 3) or an equivalent qualification.
- Applications from mature students (over 20) are welcome.
- International students will be individually assessed to ensure you are ready for this study.
- If English is not your first language, you must demonstrate English language skills equivalent to an IELTS overall band score (academic) of 5.5, with no band score less than 5.5.
If you don’t have the entry requirements above, talk to us about whether you have the equivalent skills and knowledge or to determine if this is the right programme for you.
Please note: this programme is subject to minimum numbers.
You must supply certified copies of proof of identity and proof of residency (where appropriate).
- Some equipment.
Further study options
- Third year of qualification
- Face-to-face hours = Monday, Wednesday and Thursday (9.00am-4.00pm)
- Teacher directed hours = 11.5 per week
- Self-directed hours = 4.25 per week
Student loans and allowances
Student loans and allowances are for domestic students only. For information about student loans and allowances please visit the Studylink website. It is important to apply for your student loan/allowance at the same time as you apply for this programme, due to the length of time Studylink take to process. Loan/allowance applications can be cancelled at any time if you decide to withdraw your programme application or if it is unsuccessful.
While every effort is made to ensure that this sheet is accurate, Otago Polytechnic reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw any of the contained information. The fees shown in this document are indicative ONLY. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change and are dependent on the development and implementation of Government policies. Please note that additional fees may from time to time be required for external examination, NZQA fees and/or additional material fees.