- Open entry.
- As part of our application process, you will be required to attend an informal chat with one of our careers team in Student Success. This is to ensure that you are enrolling into the best pathway for you and to inform you of the range of support services available to you through Otago Polytechnic.
- If English is not your first language, you must provide:
- New Zealand University Entrance OR
- Overall Academic IELTS 5.0 with no individual band score lower than 5.0 (achieved in one test completed in the last two years), OR
- Acceptable alternative evidence of the required IELTS (see here for NZQA proficiency table and here for list of recognised proficiency tests).
If you need to improve your English Language skills, we offer a wide range of English programmes.
Please note: This programme will only run if there are sufficient numbers.
You will take part in an assessment process to measure your current skill level. This will involve having an informal chat with a course advisor so we can make sure that you are placed at the right level.
|Course name||Course description||Level||Credits|
|Career and Study Skills||Develop focused skills for career and study pathways||3||15|
|Communication Skills||Learn how to communicate clearly using a range of appropriate media||3||15|
|Human Biological Science||Gain underpinning knowledge of chemistry, cell biology,
human anatomy and physiology, in terms of normal function
within a healthy environment
|Introduction to Beauty Therapy||Gain knowledge about, and perform, basic techniques
in the area of skincare and make-up
This is a full-time programme and you should expect to spend around 40 hours per week in study. This will consist of in class, face-to-face teaching, completing assignments and undertaking self-directed study from home. There will be a total of 90 teacher-directed learning hours and 60 student-managed learning hours.
Student loans and allowances
Student loans and allowances are for domestic students only. For information about student loans and allowances please visit the Studylink website. It is important to apply for your student loan/allowance at the same time as you apply for this programme, due to the length of time Studylink take to process. Loan/allowance applications can be cancelled at any time if you decide to withdraw from your programme application or if it is unsuccessful.
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you have extensive knowledge and skills due to practical experience in this area, enquire about our recognition of prior learning process at Capable NZ. You may have already gained credits towards this qualification.
While every effort is made to ensure that this sheet is accurate, Otago Polytechnic reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw any of the contained information. The fees shown in this document are indicative ONLY. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change and are dependent on the development and implementation of Government policies. Please note that additional fees may from time to time be required for external examination, NZQA fees and/or additional material fees.