Our upcoming intakes provide project-based upskilling for the following tech careers:
- Software Developer (Artificial Intelligence)
- User Experience (UX) Designer
- Data Analyst
- Business Analyst
What will I learn to do?
This Training Scheme runs over nine weeks with a focus on extending existing skills and practice to develop technical product solutions for real industry projects. You’ll be working in teams, in a classroom (virtual or in person) and you will also have some online learning to complete on your own.
By the end of this training scheme, you will be able to:
- apply Agile software delivery and design thinking practices to contribute to the development of digital technology product solutions in the context of practice
- apply industry standard best practices to contribute to the development of digital technology product solutions in the context of practice
- apply ethical decision-making principles when contributing to developing digital technology product solutions
- apply effective interpersonal and collaborative skills when working on digital technology product projects with internal and external stakeholders
- plan and deliver an effective communication strategy for purposes of obtaining employment or contract work.
What's the workload?
This training scheme runs over nine weeks. All study is structured, with both guided and self-directed learning, so you will need to have good time management skills. As a full-time student you should typically aim for a minimum of 30 hours of study per week, over the nine weeks. You will be required to engage with the online resources and activities, classroom sessions with other learners, and complete assessments.
What could I study next?
After successfully completing this Training Scheme certificate, you will be in a great position to apply for our Certificate in Applied Digital Technology Product Solutions (Level 6).
- Applicants must have the legal right to study in New Zealand and either:
- have completed the Certificate in Technology Product Development Essentials (Level 4) Training Scheme, or
- provide evidence of an equivalent qualification and/or experience.
- International students will be individually assessed to ensure you are ready for this study.
- Otago Polytechnic’s policy AP0520.03 English Language Requirements for Those for whom English is an Additional Language applies.
If English is not your first language, you must provide:
- New Zealand University Entrance, or
- Overall Academic IELTS 5.5 with no individual band score lower than 5.0 (achieved in one test completed in the last two years), or
- Acceptable alternative evidence of the required IELTS (see here for NZQA proficiency table and here for list of recognised proficiency tests).
If you need to improve your English Language skills, Otago Polytechic offer a wide range of English programmes.
Pathways into the programme
All eligible applicants will be interviewed by the admissions panel at Mission Ready to ensure they have the foundation skills required for success.
- Travel, accommodation (if required) and food costs associated with attendance at classes.
- Learners enrolled in the face-to-face option will travel to the teaching location site at their own expense.
- Broadband internet access.
- A computer or laptop device.
Please advise on your application if you do not have access to internet or a computer / laptop. Loan devices may be made available in extenuating circumstances.
Student loans and allowances info
Full-time domestic students of this programme are eligible for student loans and allowances (dependent on age and financial circumstances.) Please contact Studylink for additional information or phone 0800 88 99 00.
While every effort is made to ensure that this sheet is accurate, Otago Polytechnic reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw any of the contained information. The fees shown in this document are indicative ONLY. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change and are dependent on the development and implementation of Government policies. Please note that additional fees may from time to time be required for external examination, NZQA fees and/or additional material fees.