2020 term dates
|Term one||17 February - 10 April|
|Term two||4 May - 26 June|
|Term three||13 July - 4 September|
|Term four||14 September - 6 November|
Please note: There will be no classes on public holidays.
What if I want to attend the same course next term?
If you want to repeat this course, you will need to apply and pay for each term separately via our Eventbrite platform (by clicking the APPLY tab in the top right corner of this page).
Learners under 16
- We welcome learners under 16 but they do need parental consent to take this night class.
- If you are a learner under 16, please do the following:
- ask your parent or guardian if it's okay for you to do this night class
- apply online and tick the box during the application process that says that you are under 16
- ask your parent or guardian to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Art Night Class Administration) letting us know that they're happy for you to take the night class.
Classes are held in the Life Drawing Room at the Dunedin School of Art. Please click here for a map.
Go to the main entrance of the Dunedin School of Art at 19 Riego St (off the Anzac Avenue end of Albany St). The Life Drawing Room is on the first floor at the far end of the building.
Please arrive at least 10 minutes early to allow time for set up.
Materials you will need to bring to the first class are
- 8x A2 or A3 sheets of paper (of any quality) for warm-up exercises
- willow charcoal
- acrylic paint in the following colours:
- cadmium red light or cadmium red medium
- lemon yellow
- ultramarine blue
- titanium white
- a 2 inch (50mm) flat brush, this may be a house painting brush, plus some brushes you already have
- 4 x bulldog clips
Students must be over 16 years of age.
For enquiries, please email Artnightclass@op.ac.nz
While every effort is made to ensure that this sheet is accurate, Otago Polytechnic reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw any of the contained information. The fees shown in this document are indicative ONLY. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change and are dependent on the development and implementation of Government policies. Please note that additional fees may from time to time be required for external examination, NZQA fees and/or additional material fees.