2020 term dates
|Term one||17 February - 10 April|
|Term two||CANCELLED due to COVID 19 lockdown|
|Term three||13 July - 4 September|
|Term four||14 September - 6 November|
Please note: There will be no classes on public holidays.
What if I want to attend the same course next term?
If you want to repeat this course, you will need to apply and pay for each term separately via our Eventbrite platform (by clicking the APPLY tab in the top right corner of this page).
Learners under 16
- We welcome learners under 16 but they do need parental consent to take this night class.
- If you are a learner under 16, please do the following:
- ask your parent or guardian if it's okay for you to do this night class
- apply online and tick the box during the application process that says that you are under 16
- ask your parent or guardian to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Art Night Class Administration) letting us know that they're happy for you to take the night class.
Classes are held in the Jewellery Studio at the Dunedin School of Art. Please click here for a map.
Go to the main entrance of the Dunedin School of Art at 19 Riego St (off the Anzac Avenue end of Albany St). The Jewellery Studio is on the ground floor, opposite the main entrance.
Sessions will be presented by Dunedin jewellers Susan Videler (Mondays) and Meg Van Hale (Thursdays).
The Art School Jewellery Studio is well-equipped and provides a safe and sociable working environment.
Costs for materials will vary depending on the choice of jewellery materials.
Expect to spend about $20-30 on consumables like sawblades and solder. Some silver and base metals are available for purchase from the studio. Found objects and materials can be used for many projects and are a great starting point.
For enquiries, please email Artnightclass@op.ac.nz
While every effort is made to ensure that this sheet is accurate, Otago Polytechnic reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw any of the contained information. The fees shown in this document are indicative ONLY. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change and are dependent on the development and implementation of Government policies. Please note that additional fees may from time to time be required for external examination, NZQA fees and/or additional material fees.