2018 term dates
|Term one||19 February - 13 April|
|Term two||30 April - 22 June|
|Term three||16 July - 7 September|
|Term four||10 September - 2 November|
Please note: There will be no classes on public holidays.
Classes are held in the Life Drawing Room at the Dunedin School of Art. Please click here for a map.
Go to the main entrance of the Dunedin School of Art at 19 Riego St (off the Anzac Avenue end of Albany St). The Life Drawing Room is on the first floor at the far end of the building. Please arrive at least 10 minutes early to allow time for set up.
This class will be taught by Angela Lyon on Mondays and Kiri Mitchell on Thursdays.
You will need to bring the following materials with you
- 2 x bulldog clips
- A2 sheets of newsprint and cartridge paper – or whatever you like to draw on
- Charcoal or conte drawing sticks (or any other material you like to draw with)
Drawing room etiquette and model protocol
Classes can only be held if we have the respect and confidence of the models. Keep in mind that you are expected to have good life room manners at all times.
Please observe the following rules:
- No cell phones, walkmans or photographic equipment are allowed in life classes
- Students are expected to arrive 10 minutes early so they can set up and be ready to start on time
- If a life model is working, students and visitors will knock and wait outside the room until a pose is broken and the model is robed
- Models should have preference over room temperature, students will not move the heaters
- It is expected that students be conscious of the models ‘body space’
- No unnecessary talking please
Students must be over 16 years of age.
For enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
While every effort is made to ensure that this sheet is accurate, Otago Polytechnic reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw any of the contained information. The fees shown in this document are indicative ONLY. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change and are dependent on the development and implementation of Government policies. Please note that additional fees may from time to time be required for external examination, NZQA fees and/or additional material fees.