At the completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Use CAD software (Adobe Illustrator) to create vector files for laser or CNC applications.
- Understand the difference between raster and vector files and their applications.
- Create and safely output a designed object that utilises laser cutting technology.
- Introduction to the computer software capable of creating or converting vector files.
- Designing basic 2D/3D objects for laser cutting and/or laser etching.
- Health and safety requirements for laser cutting.
- Laser cutting a designed object.
- Basic computer skills. We use Adobe Illustrator software.
- Enthusiasm and curiosity around learning new skills.
Basic materials supplied. Please bring a drawing pad, pens, pencils and a USB stick.
Hannah Joynt - Lecturer School of Design
Cnr Forth and Union Streets
School of Design; H302; Level 3; H Block.
For more information
Freephone 0800 762 786
Please complete the short course enrolment form. You will need to register and pay for this workshop in advance at our Dunedin campus.
Please note: Enrolment in this course is conditional upon and subject to sufficient numbers of students enrolling in the course.
While every effort is made to ensure that this sheet is accurate, Otago Polytechnic reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw any of the contained information. The fees shown in this document are indicative ONLY. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change and are dependent on the development and implementation of Government policies. Please note that additional fees may from time to time be required for external examination, NZQA fees and/or additional material fees.