8.30am - 4.30pm: belnded learning (theory and practical)
8.30am - 4.30pm: blended learning (theory and practical)
8.00am - 10.00am: theory revision
10.30am - 12.00pm: Certification Officer from NZTA to officiate the online test
- Customer service protocols
- Assessment of vehicle structural integrity
- Lighting and signaling system
- Vision requirements
- Door and hinged panel
- Vehicle interior systems
- Brake systems
- Steering and suspension
- Wheels and tyre exhaust systems
- Documentation of inspection.
You will need to bring personal safety equipment (safety footwear and overalls).
Applying to NZTA and fee
Each applicant must apply to NZTA before the training and theory testing takes place. Your application fee ($495 plus GST) will cover NZTA costs involved including the practical and oral test that will follow on from training at Otago Polytechnic.
1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 03 470 4354 to register your interest.
2. Apply to NZTA via the normal application process which can be found here: https://vehicleinspection.nzta.govt.nz/applications/vi-applications/wof-vi-application
3. When completing this application, please ensure you write 'Bulk testing at Otago Polytechnic' on the top.
4. Otago Polytechnic will confirm your place on the course.
For more information
If you have any questions, please email Hamish Miller (email@example.com)
While every effort is made to ensure that this sheet is accurate, Otago Polytechnic reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw any of the contained information. The fees shown in this document are indicative ONLY. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change and are dependent on the development and implementation of Government policies. Please note that additional fees may from time to time be required for external examination, NZQA fees and/or additional material fees.