- New Zealand Certificate in English Language (General) (Level 3) or equivalent.
- We will test you and place you at the right level when you arrive, even if you have a proficiency assessment result (e.g. IELTS).
- International students need a visa to study with us for more than three months.
Please note: It is possible that you will not be enrolled into the Certificate level you apply for.
COVID-19 vaccination information
- As this programme is delivered on campus/on-site, you will need to provide us with a valid My Vaccine Pass before 1 February 2022 if you want to study with us.
- All locations where our teaching occurs face-to-face are classed as an Otago Polytechnic site.
- You will be asked to provide us with your My Vaccine Pass during your application and enrolment process.
- In exceptional circumstances, exemptions may be granted to this. You can find out more about this in our vaccination policy. If you think you have grounds to be exempt from our vaccination requirements, please email Covidfirstname.lastname@example.org
You will need to buy the course textbooks. These will be available from your lecturer for a discounted price of $100.00.
What you will learn
When you complete this programme, you will be able to:
- understand the main ideas and key supporting details of moderately complex spoken and written information of familiar topics
- take part effectively in sustained, spoken, academic conversation
- write detailed, well-developed and moderately complex academic texts on familiar topics.
- 20-22 hours per week in class, guided by your teacher
- 10-14 hours per week in self-directed study
Student Loans and Allowances
Full-time domestic students of this programme are eligible for student loans and allowances (dependent on age and financial circumstances). Please contact Studylink for additional information. Phone 0800 88 99 00 or visit www.studylink.govt.nz
While every effort is made to ensure that this sheet is accurate, Otago Polytechnic reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw any of the contained information. The fees shown in this document are indicative ONLY. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change and are dependent on the development and implementation of Government policies. Please note that additional fees may from time to time be required for external examination, NZQA fees and/or additional material fees.