- You will be tested and placed at the right level when you arrive.
- If you plan to study with us for more than three months, international students will need a visa.
What you will learn
When you complete this programme you will be able to:
- understand the main points and details of spoken and written information on familiar topics
- speak with confidence about familiar topics
- write about familiar topics in a way that is easy to understand.
- 22 hours a week in class, guided by your teacher
- 10-14 hours a week for self-directed study
You will need to buy the course textbook at the start of your course. This will be available from your lecturer for a discounted price of $60.00.
You can enrol in other certificate programmes, but we recommend that you complete New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Academic) (Level 4).
Student loans and allowances
Student loans and allowances are for domestic students only. For information about student loans and allowances please visit the Studylink website. It is important to apply for your student loan/allowance at the same time as you apply for this programme, due to the length of time Studylink take to process. Loan/allowance applications can be cancelled at any time if you decide to withdraw your programme application or if it is unsuccessful.
While every effort is made to ensure that this sheet is accurate, Otago Polytechnic reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw any of the contained information. The fees shown in this document are indicative ONLY. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change and are dependent on the development and implementation of Government policies. Please note that additional fees may from time to time be required for external examination, NZQA fees and/or additional material fees.