- You will be tested and placed at the right level when you arrive.
- If you plan to study with us for more than three months, international students will need a visa.
You will study
This level is suitable for intermediate English language users. Those speakers who can use English in everyday settings but want to improve so they can study in English.
When you graduate from this Certificate programme, you will have the English language skills to:
- understand the main points and key supporting detail in extended oral interaction and factual information in familiar contexts
- speak with some coherence, fluency and spontaneity to express personal ideas and sustain interaction in familiar contexts
- read and understand a range of texts on familiar topics; scan, locate and gather information to fulfil a specific task
- write comprehensible, connected texts on familiar topics with reasonable linguistic accuracy, using a range of text types.
You will learn for 23 hours a week with your teacher. You will also learn for 10 hours a week by yourself, guided by your teacher.
Student loans and allowances
Student loans and allowances are for domestic students only. For information about student loans and allowances please visit the Studylink website. It is important to apply for your student loan/allowance at the same time as you apply for this programme, due to the length of time Studylink take to process. Loan/allowance applications can be cancelled at any time if you decide to withdraw your programme application or if it is unsuccessful.
While every effort is made to ensure that this sheet is accurate, Otago Polytechnic reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw any of the contained information. The fees shown in this document are indicative ONLY. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change and are dependent on the development and implementation of Government policies. Please note that additional fees may from time to time be required for external examination, NZQA fees and/or additional material fees.