Working with people is at the very essence of occupational therapy and a mandatory part of our Bachelor of Occupational Therapy qualification.
Over a three year period, students complete five fieldwork placements under supervision of registered occupational therapists. This ensures our graduates can enter the workforce knowing exactly what to expect.
We understand that having a work placement student on a full-time basis is a significant undertaking for both the supervisor and student. That is why we ensure that the supervising therapists are thoroughly prepared and know exactly what to expect.
For any professional therapists considering a work-experience student, please read the following documents.
- Desirable minimum standards for supervising therapists
- Fieldwork Placement Aims
- Fieldwork placement information form
- Manual for therapists supervising students
- Assessment Guide Fieldwork 1
- Assessment Guide Fieldwork 3
- Assessment Guide Fieldwork 5
For more information, please email Gail Morris OTFieldwork@op.ac.nz or phone 03 479 3614.