- You must have a high understanding of English to enrol in this course. International enrolments are accepted at the discretion of the lecturer.
2021 Course Dates
- 29 March, further dates TBC
Topics covered include:
- The DLC, ARLA and other enforcement agencies
- Types of licences
- General Manager's Certificate
- Recognition and refusal of intoxicated, under age and other prohibited persons
- The principles of good host responsibility practices
- Application and renewal of licences and certificates
- Conditions attached to licences
- Offences and penalties
- Other legislation relevant to the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012
- Service IQ Licence Controller Qualification Certificate process.
When your enrolment is received you will be sent your pre-course reading material (LCQ workbook). You will need to study this material thoroughly prior to attending the workshop as there will be a written assessment on the day of the workshop.
What to bring
Please bring a highlighter pen, ballpoint pen, paper and the LCQ workbook supplied to you prior to the course start.
Important payment information
If your employer is paying the course fee, you will require a letter signed by an appropriate company representative on their letterhead. Please return this with your enrolment form. Your employer will then be sent an invoice for the course fee. If this is not supplied, you personally will be invoiced for the course fee. Results are not released until payment is received.
- As numbers are limited, admittance to class is by prior enrolment only.
- Please click the apply button at the top right-hand side of this page to begin the application process.
- You will be sent confirmation of your enrolment.
- You will be advised whether you need to bring your birth certificate or passport for validation purposes.
- Enrolments are accepted up to 10 days prior to the start date as you will need time to read the course material before attending the seminar.
- If you have any questions please call the Central Campus on 0800 765 9276.
While every effort is made to ensure that this sheet is accurate, Otago Polytechnic reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw any of the contained information. The fees shown in this document are indicative ONLY. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change and are dependent on the development and implementation of Government policies. Please note that additional fees may from time to time be required for external examination, NZQA fees and/or additional material fees.