You must have a good understanding of English to satisfactorily complete this course.
COVID-19 vaccination information
- As this short course is delivered on campus/on-site, you will need to provide us with a valid My Vaccine Pass before 1 February 2022 if you want to study with us.
- All locations where our teaching occurs face-to-face are classed as an Otago Polytechnic site.
- You will be asked to provide us with your My Vaccine Pass during your application and enrolment process.
- In exceptional circumstances, exemptions may be granted to this. You can find out more about this in our vaccination policy. If you think you have grounds to be exempt from our vaccination requirements, please email Covidfirstname.lastname@example.org
Dates, times and location
- To be confirmed for 2022 - 9.00am to 3.00pm (Room M215)
Participants need to attend on both days.
All participants are to meet in the room specified above. Please click here to view a campus map.
Topics covered include:
- The DLA, LLA and other enforcement agencies
- Types of licences
- Managers’ Certificates
- Recognition and refusal of intoxicated, under age and other prohibited persons
- The principles of good host responsibility practices
- Application and renewal of licences and certificates
- Conditions attached to licences
- Offences and penalties
- Other legislation relevant to the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012
- Service IQ Licence Controller Qualification Certificate process.
What to bring
Please bring a highlighter pen, ballpoint pen and paper.
A copy of the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 is not required as relevant text is included within the participants’ workbooks - although it is recommended that licensed premises should have a reference copy of the Act available.
Information if your employer is paying
If your employer is paying your course fee, you will need to ask your employer to fill out this Employer Authority form.
You can then upload this form with your online application OR email it to email@example.com
Your employer will then be sent an invoice for the course fee. If this is not supplied, you personally will be invoiced for the course fee. Your results are not released until payment is received.
Individual payment information
We need you to pay your course fee before you attend the course.
Please make your payment at our Customer Services desk (The Hub, Forth Street, Dunedin Campus main entrance) or you can pay by internet banking:
Account: 03 0883 0134810 00
SWIFT #: WP AC NZ 2W
Enrolment and attendance information
As numbers in this class are limited, you can only attend if you have been told that you’ve been enrolled.
To begin your application process, click the light blue APPLY button at the top of this screen. Once you’ve submitted your application, you’ll be emailed about your enrolment and told whether you need to bring your birth certificate or passport for validation purposes. An invoice will be generated on the day of the course (unless we are still waiting on ID from you).
Please let us know as soon as possible if you won’t be able to attend the course by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (you may be charged the course fee if you do not attend and have not told us before the course starts).
While every effort is made to ensure that this sheet is accurate, Otago Polytechnic reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw any of the contained information. The fees shown in this document are indicative ONLY. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change and are dependent on the development and implementation of Government policies. Please note that additional fees may from time to time be required for external examination, NZQA fees and/or additional material fees.