You must have a good understanding of English to satisfactorily complete this course.
Dates and times
Monday 9 April and Tuesday 10 April 2018 (9.00am to 3.00pm, M215)
Monday 21 May and Tuesday 22 May 2018 (9.00am to 3.00pm, M215)
Tuesday 11 September and Tuesday 18 September 2018 (9.00am to 3.00pm, G303)
Monday 26 November and Tuesday 27 November 2018 (9.00am to 3.00pm, M218)
Topics covered include:
- The DLA, LLA and other enforcement agencies
- Types of licences
- Managers’ Certificates
- Recognition and refusal of intoxicated, under age and other prohibited persons
- The principles of good host responsibility practices
- Application and renewal of licences and certificates
- Conditions attached to licences
- Offences and penalties
- Other legislation relevant to the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012
- Service IQ Licence Controller Qualification Certificate process.
What to bring
Please bring a highlighter pen, ballpoint pen and paper.
A copy of the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 is not required as relevant text is included within the participants’ workbooks - although it is recommended that licensed premises should have a reference copy of the Act available.
All participants are to meet in the room specified above. Please click here to view a campus map.
If your employer is paying the course fee, you will require a letter signed by an appropriate company representative on their letterhead. Please return this with your enrolment form. Your employer will then be sent an invoice for the course fee. If this is not supplied, you personally will be invoiced for the course fee. Results are not released until payment is received.
- As numbers are limited, admittance to class is by prior enrolment only.
- Please complete the enrolment form and make sure it is returned to us (see below).
- You will be advised whether you need to bring your birth certificate or passport for validation purposes.
- You will be sent confirmation of your enrolment via email.
- An invoice will be generated on the day of the course.
Please complete the short course enrolment form and return to the Dunedin campus.
While every effort is made to ensure that this sheet is accurate, Otago Polytechnic reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw any of the contained information. The fees shown in this document are indicative ONLY. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change and are dependent on the development and implementation of Government policies. Please note that additional fees may from time to time be required for external examination, NZQA fees and/or additional material fees.