- Open entry.
- This programme is not available for international students.
Note: If you are under 16 years old, you must provide an Early Leaving Exemption letter from the Ministry of Education.
COVID-19 vaccination information
- As this programme is delivered on campus/on-site, you will need to provide us with a valid My Vaccine Pass before 1 February 2022 if you want to study with us.
- All locations where our teaching occurs face-to-face are classed as an Otago Polytechnic site.
- You will be asked to provide us with your My Vaccine Pass during your application and enrolment process.
- In exceptional circumstances, exemptions may be granted to this. You can find out more about this in our vaccination policy. If you think you have grounds to be exempt from our vaccination requirements, please email Covidfirstname.lastname@example.org
You will need appropriate clothing and footwear for outdoor activities, including wetsuit, tramping boots and a sleeping bag.
Please note: You can hire essential equipment from Kokiri for the duration of the programme, if required.
30 hours per week for 20 weeks. (25 hours are timetabled activities and the other 5 hours are self-directed activities.)
|Te Pono me te Tika||20|
This programme is delivered through a combination of classroom learning and hands-on learning.
Facilitators use korero, presentations, visuals, study notes, reliable information from websites and other texts to support an interactive approach that delivers knowledge and supports the introduction and practice of skills and tikanga.
Practical skills are introduced by facilitator demonstration, group activities and practical tasks, and you will get the opportunity to undertake real-world activities.
Self-directed work involves investigation and completion of individual assignments for assessment.
Further study options
Student loans and allowances with TTAF
Whilst this programme is free for you to study via the Trades and Apprenticeship Fund (TTAF), this fund only covers tuition fees and compulsory costs such as student levies.
It does not cover any additional costs or living costs.
You can pay for additional and living costs by yourself if that is possible or by applying for a loan/allowance through Studylink.
It is important to apply for your student loan/allowance at the same time as you apply for this programme, due to the length of time Studylink take to process. Loan applications can be cancelled at any time if you decide to withdraw your programme application or if it is unsuccessful.
- For information about student loans and allowances please visit the Studylink website
While every effort is made to ensure that this sheet is accurate, Otago Polytechnic reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw any of the contained information. The fees shown in this document are indicative ONLY. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change and are dependent on the development and implementation of Government policies. Please note that additional fees may from time to time be required for external examination, NZQA fees and/or additional material fees.